There are lots of popular exercises that get promoted as the “best” exercise.
So, how are you supposed to know which is the best one you can do? We’ve put together a list of a few that are good and the reasons we think you should consider adding them to your exercise routines. Remember, any good exercise program includes variety, and you should always check with your PT or healthcare provider before starting any exercise program.
- Walking. Walking is something you can do anywhere, anytime with no equipment other than a good pair of shoes. It can help strengthen your heart and burn calories.
- Swimming. You might call swimming the perfect workout! It can use almost all your muscles and can alleviate stress on them while you use the water to assist you or resist you during your workout.
- Tai chi. This Chinese martial art combines movement and relaxation and is good for both your body and mind. It is also very effective to improve balance and coordination.
- Strength training. Your muscles need to be trained and conditioned. A well-rounded exercise program includes appropriate strength training at least 2 days a week.
- Bicycle riding: Riding a bike is a great cardiovascular work out and it is non weight-bearing. This makes it an ideal way to exercise for those with arthritis in their knees and hips.