Hands on learning
So you want to be a physical therapist? That’s terrific. We want to help you get there. In fact, we commit to more than 50 clinical affiliations per year. And many of our students enjoy the experience so much, they join our team full-time after graduation. Who knows, maybe you’ll be next.
Programs – Getting your foot in the door
It’s time to do your outpatient clinical rotation. But with so many options, how do you choose? Well, here are a few reasons Sports PT should be number one on your list.
- If you are looking for a clinical mentor, you’ve come to the right place. Sports PT of NY received “The Leadership in Clinical Education Award” from Columbia University on May 17, 2011.
- You’ll learn a lot. We’re renowned for the care we give to our patients. And we’re more than happy to share our experience and expertise to help you become the best PT you can be.
- You’ll work with top-notch professionals. Right now, 90% of our clinicians are APTA CI certified, or going through the certification process. And it won’t be long until all of our instructors have that distinction.
- Strength in numbers. We have 10 offices that span New York State. What does that mean for you? Well, we have plenty of opportunities available, whether it’s close to your school or home. And we work closely with many schools in the Northeast.
- Networking, networking, networking. Not only will you have access to excellent clinical resources and a variety of treatment philosophies, but you’ll also build relationships with physicians across the state – which could result in unique opportunities for surgical observation, physician shadowing, and participation in MD lectures.
- And finally, we’re fun. There’s a reason we’ve been named one of the “Best Companies to Work For in New York” by Journal Publications. Every office has its own flair. And we hold events throughout the year, such as retreats, social hours, and charity events.
For more information on our clinical affiliations, please contact our Coordinator of Student Programs.
It’s never too early to start your career in physical therapy. We provide excellent volunteer opportunities at our clinics. We’ll show you around the office, demonstrate the techniques we use, and show you what it’s like to be a physical therapist. Please visit our locations page and send a request to the clinic you desire to volunteer at. You’ll hear back shortly after we receive your request.