Great job signing up for the Turkey Trot! What a great way to start off your Thanksgiving before indulging in a good feast and some family time!
Take some extra time planning on recovery strategies to reduce soreness from your trot.
Here are a few tips on your post-race recovery:
- Keep moving for about 30 minutes after you run to help your muscles recover and avoid cramping
- Eat a banana or have chocolate milk/protein drink within 10-15 minutes after running for immediate protein and carbohydrate replenishment.
- Hydrate with water with about 4-5 eight ounce glasses ( 32-40 ounces) for the rest of the day.
- Eat a well-balanced meal high in protein and veggies, no problem if you plan on having turkey!
- Consider wearing compressive stockings the night of your turkey trot to increase blood flow and promote recovery
- Take a day off from running, but enjoy a nice walk and stretch those leg muscles
Happy Running and Turkey Day! Great job staying healthy through the holiday season!