Skiing and Snowboarding are great outdoor winter activities. The fresh air and exercise do you well on a lot of fronts. But, like every sport, there are risks when you participate in a sport. Here are a few safety tips that will help you have fun and be safe.
- Always wear a helmet designed for skiing or snowboarding.
- Wear ski goggles that fit properly with a helmet.
- Make sure your boots fit properly and bindings are adjusted correctly.
- Do not ski or snowboard alone.
- Stay on designated trails.
- Stretch your muscles before you go!
- Stay hydrated with water.
Bruises and broken bones are the most common types of skiing and snowboarding injuries. However, traumatic brain injury can also be a serious injury with this sport. Be safe and have fun!