As I look back on the year we’ve had here at Sports PT, I am struck yet again by all that makes this organization so very special. I proudly share with you some of the highlights of 2013.
- We served more than 208,000 patients. (And we really do have the best patients on the planet.)
- In May, we were recognized as one of “CNY Best Places to Work” by the Central New York Business Journal & Biz Events. In addition, Saratoga was recognized as “Saratoga’s Best Physical Therapy Practice”.
- We continued to invest in the professional development of our employees through expanded internal mentorship programs, journal club, career pathways, external continuing education, and much more.
- We promoted our profession through involvement at the national, state, and local levels, as well as through our comprehensive student affiliation program. Our clinicians presented at national and regional conferences. And five clinicians received their Orthopedic Specialist Certification.
- We worked to better serve our patients by consolidating our Union Square locations and adding a new one in downtown Buffalo.
- We continued to promote our patients’ right to Direct Access – allowing them to get the therapy they need without a referral.
- We entered the world of corporate fitness by adding a satellite location at EmblemHealth’s headquarters in Manhattan. (Here’s to more partnerships in 2014!)
- We lived our mission to serve our communities by supporting countless charitable organizations through monetary donations and personal service. We raised thousands of dollars to support disaster recovery efforts in the Philippines.
- We continued to be a multi-generational organization that is geographically and culturally diverse. An organization with a hardworking team that remains unified in a commitment to the Sports PT mission and values.
We have much to be proud of in 2013, and I look forward to what we can do to improve our patients’ lives in 2014. Thank you for a wonderful year.
President & CEO