By Dr. Kerri Laurenza, PT, DPT
Roughly 80% of adults do not move enough!
Here are 10 reasons why everyone should move more throughout their day:
- It assists with weight management
- It lowers your risk of heart disease and stroke, lowering your blood pressure and improving heart health
- It can improve your mood
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Improves brain function and memory
- Moving improves your quality of sleep
- Improves bone health, muscle strength, and balance
- It helps prevent future injuries and reduces your risk for chronic disease
- Assists with pain management by improving overall joint health and joint stiffness
- Moving improves your overall quality of life!
Physical therapists are movement specialists who use movement, hands-on care, and patient education to reduce pain and improve performance of functional activities. Physical therapists assist you in taking an active role in improving your overall health and preventing future injuries. If you are struggling or would like assistance with any of the 10 reasons listed above call your local Sports PT office to set up an appointment!